Ana Maria Lavin-Parot
Dip.Ac. MBAC, Dip CHM MRCHM, Cl. Ac. Nanjing, China, PGCE
I first came to England from Chile in 1974. After developing late onset asthma I was treated very successfully with Acupuncture and a few years later, wanting to change career and make a more positive contribution to others, I enrolled in an Acupuncture course.
I trained in the early 1980s at the London School of Acupuncture (now the University of Westminster), ending my studies with a trip to China where I obtained a clinical certificate from Nanjing University. A few years later I trained as an Herbalist at the London Academy under the supervision of Vietnamese Master Thing Thong Nguyen.
I have never looked back. For more than 30 years, I have been combining Herbal Medicine with Acupuncture, Massage, Nutritional advice and Reiki. I taught Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture at LCTA in London for over 15 years and speak fluent Spanish and understand French. I was also a clinical supervisor for acupuncture and herbs at LCTA for 15 years.
Areas of Specialism
- I have been given the opportunity, thanks to Dr. Rosy Daniel, to use Acupuncture as support for patients undergoing Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. I have also been able to aid their recovery after these treatments with the help of Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine.
- My practice of Buddhism combined with Traditional Chinese Medicine can offer guidance and help with depression, anxiety, insomnia and the effects of stress and shock caused by our modern lifestyle.
I have done many seminars and studies on trauma and its relation with illness. This has given me a deeper understanding on disease and the way out of it using Chinese Medicine and meditation.
- My Shiatsu and massage training has helped in muscular problems like sciatica, stiff neck, frozen shoulder through a combination of Massage, Guasha, Cupping and Electro-Acupuncture . I have done many seminars relating to musculo-skeletal treatment.
- Cessation of smoking using ear acupuncture for 3 consecutive days has been very successful. For more information check Quitza
I have been practicing Iyengar Yoga for the last 10 years. I often attend Yoga retreats.
I have a daily practice of meditations and attend retreats yearly.
- Gynaecology is a big subject in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as is PMT, fertility, pregnancy and post-natal care. For more detailed information about gynaecology, please click here.
- Diploma in Acupuncture, Member of the British Acupuncture Council
- Diploma in Chinese Herbal Medicine, Member of the Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Certificate in Clinical Acupuncture, Nanjing International Acupuncture Training Centre, China 1987
- Anatomy, Physiology and Massage ITEC certificate 1984
- Certificate in Advanced Nutrition Intensive, I.O.N. 1996
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, City Lit, London,2000.
- Certificate of Attendance, Integrated Acupuncture Seminar for Fertility, Royal College of Physicians, 2006
- Integrated Acupuncture Seminar for Fertility with Jane Lyttleton, Royal college of Physicians, 2007
- I am a Member of the Federation of Antenatal Educators FEDANT
- I am a member of the Acupuncture Fertility Network AFN
- 15 years of teaching experience in Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine as Module Leader and Clinical Supervisor at LCTA
- Seminar on Electroacupuncture for musculoskeletal problems 2012
- Attended a Post Graduate 6 month Diploma course in Dermatology with Mazin-al Khafaji, 2012
- Certificate of attendance to Prof. Wu Yuning seminar The Treatment of Infertility, 2013
- Several workshops on pre-verbal trauma and its impact in health & fertility with Professor Franz Ruppert, 2013-14